Welcome to Cairns ...
So far, we have found very little information about Cairns. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Cairns to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Cairns, please Contact Us.
We aren't confident of the location of Cairns, so consider the above location as an estimate.<2>
Time Zone: The area where Cairns was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR).
Note: If you travel east from Cairns (for example, toward Macklin (SK)), you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
Cairns would have been located in the (780) & (587)<3> area codes.
Communities Also Named Cairns ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 2 communities that are also named Cairns - they are located in California and Michigan.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Cairns.
Communities near Cairns ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Cairns.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Czar
- Czar lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the northwest of Cairns
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Czar
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cadogan
- Cadogan lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the southeast of Cairns
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cadogan
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hayter
- Hayter lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the east of Cairns
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hayter
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Metiskow
- Metiskow lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the northwest of Cairns
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Metiskow
- Neutral Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Neutral Hills
- Neutral Hills lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the southwest of Cairns
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Neutral Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hughenden
- Hughenden lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the northwest of Cairns
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hughenden
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bodo
- Bodo lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<4> to the southeast of Cairns
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bodo
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Amisk
- Amisk lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<4> to the northwest of Cairns
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Amisk
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Cairns, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Cairns) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Cairns. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CairnsOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cairns. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.3472, Longitude: -110.5556 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|