Communities Also Named Czar ...
We found two communities that share the name Czar.
Within Alberta, the name Czar is unique.
Beyond Alberta, we know of another two communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Crawford County
- This Czar is located in Crawford County and lies 1,388 miles [2,233.8 km]<1> to the southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Czar
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Crawford County community of Czar.
- West Virginia
- Randolph County
- This Czar is located in Randolph County and lies 1,737 miles [2,795.4 km]<1> to the east southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Czar
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Randolph County community of Czar.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Czar ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alliance
- Alliance lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<1> to the west of Czar.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alliance
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coronation
- Coronation lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<1> to the southwest of Czar.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coronation
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greenshields
- Greenshields lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the north of Czar.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Greenshields came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenshields
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Veteran
- Veteran lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<1> to the south of Czar.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Veteran came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Veteran
How Far From Czar to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Czar to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Czar and extending to:
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 134 miles [215.7 km]<1> to the northwest (NW). If you could drive a straight line from Czar to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 8 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 6 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,646 miles [2,649 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 65 days and walking would take 94 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,262 miles [10,077.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,030 miles [11,313.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,089 miles [8,190 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Czar. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Czar) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Czar. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CzarOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Czar. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.4548, Longitude: -110.8253 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Czar to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 331.663 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 332.215 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.588 degrees.||