Around Cairns ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Wainwright. It is located about 36 miles [57 km] to the north of where Cairns would have been located.
The next largest community is Provost.
It is located about 12 miles [ km] to the east of Cairns
The following is a sample of nearby communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Cairns.<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Amisk
- Amisk lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the northwest of Cairns
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Amisk
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bodo
- Bodo lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the southeast of Cairns
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bodo
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cadogan
- Cadogan lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Cairns
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cadogan
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Czar
- Czar lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the northwest of Cairns
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Czar
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hayter
- Hayter lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the east of Cairns
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hayter
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hughenden
- Hughenden lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the northwest of Cairns
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hughenden
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Metiskow
- Metiskow lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the northwest of Cairns
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Metiskow
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Monitor
- Monitor lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the south of Cairns
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Monitor
- Neutral Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Neutral Hills
- Neutral Hills lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the southwest of Cairns
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Neutral Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ribstone
- Ribstone lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the northeast of Cairns
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ribstone
Curious and Interesting Names Near Cairns ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Cairns.
Airports Near Cairns ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<4> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Cairns and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Cairns.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the Province of Alberta:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for Cairns were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Cairns) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Cairns. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CairnsOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cairns. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.3472, Longitude: -110.5556 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Cairns), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|