Census Data for Game Creek ...
As far as we can tell, Game Creek has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Game Creek, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hoonah
- Hoonah lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<1> to the northeast of Game Creek
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 791 people. This represents a 4.08% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 760 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hoonah
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hoonah<2>
- Tenakee Springs
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tenakee Springs
- Tenakee Springs lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the southeast of Game Creek
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 135 people. This represents a 3.05% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 131 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tenakee Springs
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Tenakee Springs<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gustavus
- Gustavus lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the north of Game Creek
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 447 people. This represents a 1.13% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 442 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gustavus
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Gustavus<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pelican
- Pelican lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the west of Game Creek
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 87 people. This represents a 1.14% decrease since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 88 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pelican
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Pelican<2>
Miscellaneous Information for Game Creek ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either or the community of Game Creek:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Game Creek:
- GNIS ID for Game Creek: 1866948
- GNIS ID for State of Alaska: 1785533
- The FIPS Codes ...
- An earlier (and largely obsolete) identification method was called the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS):
- State Code: 02 (Alaska)
- Place Code: 27700 (Game Creek)
- State & Place Code: 02/27700 (Alaska / Game Creek)
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Game Creek is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #9 (the Pacific Division).
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Game Creek.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Game Creek. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Game Creek) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Game Creek. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Game Creek
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Game Creek. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 58.0567, Longitude: -135.5078 In this case, the coordinates for Game Creek have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|