Around Game Creek ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Hoonah. It lies just northeast of Game Creek. Hoonah has a population of 790 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Gustavus.
It is located about 26 miles [ km] to the north of Game Creek and has a population of 450 people.
The following is a sample of neighboring communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Game Creek.<2>
- Cube Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cube Cove
- Cube Cove lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> to the east of Game Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cube Cove have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cube Cove
- Elfin Cove
- Excursion Inlet
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Excursion Inlet
- Excursion Inlet lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the north of Game Creek
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Excursion Inlet
- Freshwater Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Freshwater Bay
- Freshwater Bay lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the southeast of Game Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Freshwater Bay have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Freshwater Bay
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Tenakee Springs
- Whitestone Logging Camp
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Whitestone Logging Camp
- Whitestone Logging Camp lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<2> to the east of Game Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Whitestone Logging Camp have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Whitestone Logging Camp
Curious and Interesting Names Near Game Creek ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Game Creek.
Airports Near Game Creek ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Game Creek and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Game Creek.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Alaska:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Game Creek. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Game Creek.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Game Creek) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Game Creek. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Game Creek
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Game Creek. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 58.0567, Longitude: -135.5078 In this case, the coordinates for Game Creek have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Game Creek), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|