Census Data for Anchor Point ...
As far as we can tell, Anchor Point has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Anchor Point, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Homer
- Homer lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the southeast of Anchor Point
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 5,922 people. This represents a 18.37% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 5,003 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Homer
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Homer<2>
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kachemak have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kachemak
- Kachemak lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the southeast of Anchor Point
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 490 people. This represents a 3.81% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 472 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kachemak
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Seldovia
- Seldovia lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the south of Anchor Point
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 275 people. This represents a 7.84% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 255 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Seldovia
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Seldovia<2>
Miscellaneous Information for Anchor Point ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either or the community of Anchor Point:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Anchor Point:
- GNIS ID for Anchor Point: 1412516
- GNIS ID for State of Alaska: 1785533
- The FIPS Codes ...
- An earlier (and largely obsolete) identification method was called the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS):
- State Code: 02 (Alaska)
- Place Code: 03110 (Anchor Point)
- State & Place Code: 02/03110 (Alaska / Anchor Point)
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Anchor Point is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #9 (the Pacific Division).
- The US Postal Service ZIP Code ...
- While some people have used a ZIP code to identify a community, the purpose of the ZIP code was to make mail delivery more efficient by grouping addresses together. Although the ZIP Code doesn't specifically identify a community like Anchor Point, it does identify addresses that are in (or near) Anchor Point. It's important to remember that the boundaries of a ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned or overlapped with other ZIP Codes.
- The ZIP code for Anchor Point:99556<4>
- Census ZCTA Codes ...
- The US Census Bureau created statistical entities that they call ZIP Code Tabulation Areas (ZCTAs) and these ZCTAs are frequently confused with the ZIP codes that come from the US Postal Service (USPS).
- ZCTAs were first created for the 2000 Census and at that time, they were based upon the USPS ZIP codes. While largely covering the same areas, the boundaries of a ZCTA do not necessarily match the boundaries of a postal ZIP code with the same number. For example, while a postal ZIP code can cross a county or state line, a Census ZCTA can not. They should be treated as separate entities with no correlation between them.
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Anchor Point.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Anchor Point. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Anchor Point) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Anchor Point. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Anchor Point
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Anchor Point. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 59.7833, Longitude: -151.8423
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Anchor Point or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|