Around Anchor Point ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Homer. It is located about 14 miles [22 km] to the southeast of Anchor Point. Homer has a population of 5,900 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Kachemak.
It is located about 15 miles [ km] to the southeast of Anchor Point and has a population of 490 people.
The following is a sample of neighboring communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Anchor Point.<2>
- Clam Gulch
- Diamond Ridge
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Diamond Ridge have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Diamond Ridge
- Diamond Ridge lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Anchor Point
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Diamond Ridge
- Fritz Creek
- Halibut Cove
- Happy Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Happy Valley have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Happy Valley
- Happy Valley lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the north of Anchor Point
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Happy Valley
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Jakolof Bay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Jakolof Bay have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jakolof Bay
- Jakolof Bay lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the southeast of Anchor Point
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jakolof Bay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kachemak have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kachemak
- Kachemak lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the southeast of Anchor Point
- Estimated population in 2019: 490 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kachemak
- Millers Landing
- Port Graham
- Seldovia Village
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Seldovia Village
- Seldovia Village lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the south of Anchor Point
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Seldovia Village
Curious and Interesting Names Near Anchor Point ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Anchor Point.
Airports Near Anchor Point ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Anchor Point and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Anchor Point.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Anchor Point ...
Looking for more information about Anchor Point? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for Anchor Point. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for Anchor Point, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Anchor Point.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Alaska:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Anchor Point. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Anchor Point.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Anchor Point) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Anchor Point. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Anchor Point
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Anchor Point. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 59.7833, Longitude: -151.8423
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Anchor Point), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|