Around Okotoks ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Calgary. It is located about 23 miles [37 km] to the north of Okotoks.
The next largest community is Airdrie.
It is located about 38 miles [ km] to the north of Okotoks
Below is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Academy
- Academy lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the north of Okotoks
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Academy
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Acadia
- Acadia lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the north of Okotoks
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Acadia
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Aldersyde
- Aldersyde lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the southeast of Okotoks
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Aldersyde came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aldersyde
- Black Diamond
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blackie
- Blackie lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Okotoks
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blackie
- De Winton
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Deer Ridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deer Ridge
- Deer Ridge lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the north of Okotoks
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deer Ridge
- Deer Run
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deer Run
- Deer Run lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the north of Okotoks
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deer Run
- Douglas Glen
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Douglas Glen
- Douglas Glen lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the north of Okotoks
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Douglas Glen
- High River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Indus
- Indus lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the northeast of Okotoks
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Indus
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Midnapore
- Midnapore lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the north of Okotoks
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Midnapore
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shepard
- Shepard lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the north of Okotoks
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shepard
- Turner Valley
Curious and Interesting Names Near Okotoks ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Okotoks.
Airports Near Okotoks ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Okotoks and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Okotoks.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Okotoks ...
Looking for more information about Okotoks? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for Okotoks. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for Okotoks, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Okotoks.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the Province of Alberta:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Okotoks: www.okotoks.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for Okotoks were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Okotoks) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Okotoks. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from OkotoksOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Okotoks. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.7249, Longitude: -113.9750 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Okotoks), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|