Welcome to Indus ...
Time Zone: Indus lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Indus: (403) & (587)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Indus: T1X<2>
Communities Also Named Indus ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Indus - it's located in Minnesota.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Indus.
Communities near Indus ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Indus.
- Calgary (16 miles [25.7 km] to the northwest)
- Okotoks (15 miles [24.1 km] to the southwest)
- Chestermere (8 miles [12.9 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chestermere
- Chestermere lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the north of Indus
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chestermere came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chestermere
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Chestermere<4>
- Strathmore (19 miles [30.6 km] to the northeast)
- Langdon (6 miles [9.7 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Langdon
- Langdon lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northeast of Indus
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Langdon came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Langdon
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Langdon<4>
- Carseland (14 miles [22.5 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carseland
- Carseland lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the east of Indus
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Carseland came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carseland
- High Point Estates (8 miles [12.9 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for High Point Estates
- High Point Estates lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the north of Indus
- Jump to Google Maps centered on High Point Estates
- Cheadle (12 miles [19.3 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cheadle
- Cheadle lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the northeast of Indus
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cheadle
- Lyalta (15 miles [24.1 km] to the northeast)
- Shepard (6 miles [9.7 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shepard
- Shepard lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northwest of Indus
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shepard
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Indus ...
Looking for more information about Indus? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Indus, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Indus.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Indus. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Indus, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Indus). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Indus or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Indus) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Indus. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from IndusOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Indus. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.9129, Longitude: -113.7727 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|