Welcome to Carseland ...
Carseland is 3,130 feet [954 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Carseland is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Carseland lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Carseland: (403) & (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Carseland: T0J<3>
Communities near Carseland ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Carseland.
- Strathmore (14 miles [22.5 km] to the north)
- Langdon (12 miles [19.3 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Langdon
- Langdon lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the northwest of Carseland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Langdon came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Langdon
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Langdon<5>
- Blackie (18 miles [29 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blackie
- Blackie lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the south of Carseland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blackie
- Gleichen (18 miles [29 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gleichen
- Gleichen lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the east of Carseland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gleichen
- Arrowwood (15 miles [24.1 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Arrowwood
- Arrowwood lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the southeast of Carseland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Arrowwood
- High Point Estates (18 miles [29 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for High Point Estates
- High Point Estates lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the northwest of Carseland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on High Point Estates
- Cheadle (11 miles [17.7 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cheadle
- Cheadle lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the north of Carseland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cheadle
- Namaka (10 miles [16.1 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Namaka
- Namaka lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the northeast of Carseland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Namaka came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Namaka
- Lyalta (19 miles [30.6 km] to the north)
- Ardenode (19 miles [30.6 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ardenode
- Ardenode lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the north of Carseland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ardenode came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ardenode
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Carseland ...
Looking for more information about Carseland? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Carseland, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Carseland.
Adding Carseland to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Carseland was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Carseland on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Carseland
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Carseland. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Carseland - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Carseland). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Carseland or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Carseland) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Carseland. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CarselandOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Carseland. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.8500, Longitude: -113.4667 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|