Welcome to Midnapore ...
Midnapore is 3,390 feet [1,033 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Midnapore is about ¾ mile [or ~1 km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Midnapore lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Midnapore: (403) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Midnapore: T2X<3>
Adding Midnapore to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Midnapore was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Midnapore on our Genealogy Page.
Communities near Midnapore ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Midnapore.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chestermere
- Chestermere lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the northeast of Midnapore
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chestermere came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chestermere
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Chestermere<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Langdon
- Langdon lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the east of Midnapore
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Langdon came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Langdon
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Langdon<5>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Black Diamond
- Turner Valley
- Heritage Woods
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Heritage Woods
- Heritage Woods lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the northwest of Midnapore
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heritage Woods
- High Point Estates
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for High Point Estates
- High Point Estates lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the northeast of Midnapore
- Jump to Google Maps centered on High Point Estates
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shepard
- Shepard lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the northeast of Midnapore
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shepard
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Academy
- Academy lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the south of Midnapore
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Academy
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Midnapore ...
Looking for more information about Midnapore? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Midnapore, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Midnapore.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Midnapore. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Midnapore - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Midnapore, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Midnapore). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Midnapore or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Midnapore) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Midnapore. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MidnaporeOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Midnapore. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.9136, Longitude: -114.0508 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|