Around Irma ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Wainwright. It is located about 16 miles [25 km] to the east of Irma.
The next largest community is Vermilion.
It is located about 34 miles [ km] to the northeast of Irma
The following is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Irma.<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Amisk
- Amisk lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the south of Irma
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Amisk
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bellshill
- Bellshill lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the southwest of Irma
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bellshill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fabyan
- Fabyan lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the east of Irma
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fabyan
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greenshields
- Greenshields lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the southeast of Irma
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Greenshields came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenshields
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Heath
- Heath lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the east of Irma
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Heath came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heath
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hughenden
- Hughenden lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the south of Irma
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hughenden
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jarrow
- Jarrow lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the west of Irma
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jarrow
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kinsella
- Kinsella lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the north of Irma
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kinsella came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kinsella
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Minburn
- Minburn lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the north of Irma
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Minburn
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Viking
- Viking lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the northwest of Irma
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Viking came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Viking
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Viking<4>
Curious and Interesting Names Near Irma ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Irma.
Airports Near Irma ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Irma and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Irma.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Irma ...
Looking for more information about Irma? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for Irma. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for Irma, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Irma.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the Province of Alberta:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Irma. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for Irma were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Irma) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Irma. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from IrmaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Irma. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.9137, Longitude: -111.2301 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Irma), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|