Welcome to Minburn ...
Time Zone: Minburn lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you leave Minburn and travel east, you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
Telephone area codes for Minburn: (780) & (587)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Minburn: T0B<2>
Communities Also Named Minburn ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Minburn - it's located in Iowa.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Minburn.
Communities near Minburn ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Minburn.
- Mannville (7 miles [11.3 km] to the east)
- Innisfree (8 miles [12.9 km] to the northwest)
- Ranfurly (14 miles [22.5 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ranfurly
- Ranfurly lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the northwest of Minburn
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ranfurly
- Kinsella (20 miles [32.2 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kinsella
- Kinsella lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the south of Minburn
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kinsella came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kinsella
- Vermilion (21 miles [33.8 km] to the east)
- Lavoy (22 miles [35.4 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lavoy
- Lavoy lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Minburn
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lavoy
- Viking (23 miles [37 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Viking
- Viking lies 23 miles [37 km]<3> to the southwest of Minburn
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Viking came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Viking
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Viking<4>
- Beauvallon (24 miles [38.6 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beauvallon
- Beauvallon lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<3> to the north of Minburn
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beauvallon came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beauvallon
- Morecambe (24 miles [38.6 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Morecambe
- Morecambe lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<3> to the north of Minburn
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Morecambe came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Morecambe
- Myrnam (24 miles [38.6 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Myrnam
- Myrnam lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<3> to the north of Minburn
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Myrnam
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Minburn ...
Looking for more information about Minburn? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Minburn, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Minburn.
Adding Minburn to Our Gazetteer ...
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Minburn was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
We also found Minburn on a map titled Shell Oil Map of Alberta (1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Minburn on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Minburn
Search for a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Minburn. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Minburn). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Minburn or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Minburn) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Minburn. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MinburnOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Minburn. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.3154, Longitude: -111.3658 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|