Welcome to Ranfurly ...
Ranfurly is 2,200 feet [671 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Ranfurly is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Ranfurly lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Ranfurly: (780) & (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Ranfurly: T0B<3>
Adding Ranfurly to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Ranfurly was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Ranfurly on our Genealogy Page.
Communities near Ranfurly ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Ranfurly.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Minburn
- Minburn lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the southeast of Ranfurly
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Minburn
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lavoy
- Lavoy lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the northwest of Ranfurly
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lavoy
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beauvallon
- Beauvallon lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the northeast of Ranfurly
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beauvallon came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beauvallon
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Morecambe
- Morecambe lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the northeast of Ranfurly
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Morecambe came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Morecambe
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Inland
- Inland lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the west of Ranfurly
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Inland
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Musidora
- Musidora lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the north of Ranfurly
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Musidora came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Musidora
- Two Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Two Hills
- Two Hills lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the north of Ranfurly
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Two Hills
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Ranfurly ...
Looking for more information about Ranfurly? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Ranfurly, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Ranfurly.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Ranfurly. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Ranfurly - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Ranfurly). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Ranfurly or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Ranfurly) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Ranfurly. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from RanfurlyOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ranfurly. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.4074, Longitude: -111.6808 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|