Welcome to Vegreville ...
The town of Vegreville is 2,070 feet [631 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Vegreville lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Vegreville: (780) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Vegreville: T9C<3>
Websites for Vegreville ...
Official Website: www.vegreville.com/
Communities near Vegreville ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Vegreville.
- Two Hills (19 miles [30.6 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Two Hills
- Two Hills lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the northeast of Vegreville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Two Hills
- Mundare (13 miles [20.9 km] to the northwest)
- Holden (19 miles [30.6 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Holden
- Holden lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the south of Vegreville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Holden
- Ranfurly (16 miles [25.7 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ranfurly
- Ranfurly lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the east of Vegreville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ranfurly
- Inland (7 miles [11.3 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Inland
- Inland lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the southwest of Vegreville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Inland
- Lavoy (8 miles [12.9 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lavoy
- Lavoy lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the east of Vegreville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lavoy
- Haight (14 miles [22.5 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Haight
- Haight lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the southwest of Vegreville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Haight
- Hairy Hill (18 miles [29 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hairy Hill
- Hairy Hill lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the north of Vegreville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hairy Hill
- Kaleland (18 miles [29 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kaleland
- Kaleland lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the northeast of Vegreville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kaleland
- Poe (19 miles [30.6 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Poe
- Poe lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the southwest of Vegreville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Poe came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Poe
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Vegreville ...
Looking for more information about Vegreville? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Vegreville, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Vegreville.
Adding Vegreville to Our Gazetteer ...
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Vegreville was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
We also found Vegreville on a map titled Shell Oil Map of Alberta (1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Vegreville on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Vegreville
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Vegreville: www.vegreville.com/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Vegreville - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Vegreville, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Vegreville). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Vegreville or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Vegreville) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Vegreville. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from VegrevilleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Vegreville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.4972, Longitude: -112.0524 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|