Welcome to Holden ...
The village of Holden is 2,270 feet [692 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the elevation of Holden is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Holden lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Holden: (780) & (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Holden: T0B<3>
Communities Also Named Holden ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 17 communities that are also named Holden - they are located in California, Florida, Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Quebec, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Holden.
Communities near Holden ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Holden.
- Round Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Round Hill
- Round Hill lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the west of Holden
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Round Hill
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Poe came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Poe
- Poe lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the northwest of Holden
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Poe
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Haight
- Haight lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the northwest of Holden
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Haight
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Inland
- Inland lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the north of Holden
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Inland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tofield came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tofield
- Tofield lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the northwest of Holden
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tofield
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Tofield<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lavoy
- Lavoy lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the northeast of Holden
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lavoy
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Viking came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Viking
- Viking lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the southeast of Holden
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Viking
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Viking<5>
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Holden ...
Looking for more information about Holden? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Holden, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Holden.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Holden. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Holden - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Holden). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Holden or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Holden) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Holden. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Holden
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Holden. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.2332, Longitude: -112.2351
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|