Welcome to Vermilion ...
The town of Vermilion was founded in 1902 and was incorporated in 1906.
Vermilion is 2,030 feet [619 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Vermilion lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you travel east from Vermilion (for example, toward Marshall (SK)), you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
Telephone area codes for Vermilion: (780) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Vermilion: T9X<3>
Websites for Vermilion ...
Official Website: www.vermilion.ca/
Communities Also Named Vermilion ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 4 communities that are also named Vermilion - they are located in Illinois, Michigan, New York and Ohio.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Vermilion.
Communities near Vermilion ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Vermilion.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Islay
- Islay lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the east of Vermilion
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Islay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clandonald
- Clandonald lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the north of Vermilion
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clandonald
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Borradaile
- Borradaile lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the east of Vermilion
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Borradaile
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rusylvia
- Rusylvia lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the north of Vermilion
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rusylvia
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dewberry
- Dewberry lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the northeast of Vermilion
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dewberry
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Derwent
- Derwent lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the north of Vermilion
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Derwent
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kitscoty came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kitscoty
- Kitscoty lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the east of Vermilion
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kitscoty
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Kitscoty<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Minburn
- Minburn lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the west of Vermilion
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Minburn
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hazeldine
- Hazeldine lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the northeast of Vermilion
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hazeldine
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Vermilion ...
Looking for more information about Vermilion? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Vermilion, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Vermilion.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Vermilion: www.vermilion.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Vermilion - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Vermilion). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Vermilion or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Vermilion) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Vermilion. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Vermilion
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Vermilion. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.3540, Longitude: -110.8465
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|