Welcome to Derwent ...
The village of Derwent was established in 1928.
Time Zone: Derwent lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you travel east from Derwent (for example, toward Frenchman Butte (SK)), you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
Telephone area codes for Derwent: (780) & (587)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Derwent: T0B<2>
Communities Also Named Derwent ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 2 communities that are also named Derwent - they are located in Ohio and Ontario.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Derwent.
Communities near Derwent ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Derwent.
- Elk Point (17 miles [27.4 km] to the north)
- Myrnam (10 miles [16.1 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Myrnam
- Myrnam lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the west of Derwent
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Myrnam
- Dewberry (18 miles [29 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dewberry
- Dewberry lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the east of Derwent
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dewberry
- Clandonald (11 miles [17.7 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clandonald
- Clandonald lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the southeast of Derwent
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clandonald
- Rusylvia (5 miles [8 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rusylvia
- Rusylvia lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southeast of Derwent
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rusylvia
- Heinsburg (19 miles [30.6 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Heinsburg
- Heinsburg lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the northeast of Derwent
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heinsburg
- Lindbergh (19 miles [30.6 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lindbergh
- Lindbergh lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the northeast of Derwent
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lindbergh came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lindbergh
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lindbergh<4>
- Riverview (19 miles [30.6 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Riverview
- Riverview lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the northeast of Derwent
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Riverview
- Morecambe (20 miles [32.2 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Morecambe
- Morecambe lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the west of Derwent
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Morecambe came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Morecambe
- Beauvallon (21 miles [33.8 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beauvallon
- Beauvallon lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<3> to the west of Derwent
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beauvallon came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beauvallon
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Derwent ...
Looking for more information about Derwent? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Derwent, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Derwent.
Adding Derwent to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Derwent was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Derwent on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Derwent
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Derwent. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Derwent). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Derwent or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Derwent) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Derwent. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from DerwentOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Derwent. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.6552, Longitude: -110.9650 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|