Welcome to Heinsburg ...
Heinsburg is 1,690 feet [515 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Heinsburg lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you travel east from Heinsburg, you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
Telephone area codes for Heinsburg: (780) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Heinsburg: T0A<3>
Communities near Heinsburg ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Heinsburg.
- Elk Point (17 miles [27.4 km] to the northwest)
- Marwayne (18 miles [29 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Marwayne
- Marwayne lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the southeast of Heinsburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Marwayne
- Dewberry (12 miles [19.3 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dewberry
- Dewberry lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the south of Heinsburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dewberry
- Derwent (19 miles [30.6 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Derwent
- Derwent lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the southwest of Heinsburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Derwent
- Clandonald (15 miles [24.1 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clandonald
- Clandonald lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the southwest of Heinsburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clandonald
- Frog Lake (6 miles [9.7 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Frog Lake
- Frog Lake lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the northeast of Heinsburg
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Frog Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Frog Lake
- Riverview (8 miles [12.9 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Riverview
- Riverview lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the northwest of Heinsburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Riverview
- Lindbergh (9 miles [14.5 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lindbergh
- Lindbergh lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the northwest of Heinsburg
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lindbergh came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lindbergh
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lindbergh<5>
- Lea Park (10 miles [16.1 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lea Park
- Lea Park lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the southeast of Heinsburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lea Park
- Hazeldine (13 miles [20.9 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hazeldine
- Hazeldine lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the south of Heinsburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hazeldine
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Heinsburg ...
Looking for more information about Heinsburg? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Heinsburg, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Heinsburg.
Adding Heinsburg to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Heinsburg was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Heinsburg on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Heinsburg
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Heinsburg. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Heinsburg - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Heinsburg, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Heinsburg). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Heinsburg or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Heinsburg) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Heinsburg. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from HeinsburgOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Heinsburg. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.7696, Longitude: -110.5232 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|