Welcome to Frog Lake ...
A typical abbreviation for Frog Lake: Frog Lk.
Time Zone: Frog Lake lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you travel east from Frog Lake (for example, toward Saint Walburg (SK)), you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
Telephone area codes for Frog Lake: (780) and (587)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Frog Lake: T0A<2>
Communities Also Named Frog Lake ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 2 communities that are also named Frog Lake - they are located in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Frog Lake.
Communities near Frog Lake ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Frog Lake.
- Dewberry (17 miles [27.4 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dewberry
- Dewberry lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the south of Frog Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dewberry
- Heinsburg (6 miles [9.7 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Heinsburg
- Heinsburg lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southwest of Frog Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heinsburg
- Riverview (9 miles [14.5 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Riverview
- Riverview lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the west of Frog Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Riverview
- Lindbergh (10 miles [16.1 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lindbergh
- Lindbergh lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the west of Frog Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lindbergh came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lindbergh
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lindbergh<5>
- Tulliby Lake (10 miles [16.1 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tulliby Lake
- Tulliby Lake lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the southeast of Frog Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tulliby Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tulliby Lake
- Lea Park (12 miles [19.3 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lea Park
- Lea Park lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the south of Frog Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lea Park
- Sputinow (14 miles [22.5 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sputinow
- Sputinow lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the northeast of Frog Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sputinow came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sputinow
- Hazeldine (17 miles [27.4 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hazeldine
- Hazeldine lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the south of Frog Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hazeldine
- Onion Lake (18 miles [29 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Onion Lake
- Onion Lake lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the southeast of Frog Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Onion Lake
- Elk Point (20 miles [32.2 km] to the west)
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Frog Lake ...
Looking for more information about Frog Lake? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Frog Lake, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Frog Lake.
Adding Frog Lake to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Frog Lake was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Frog Lake on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Frog Lake
Find a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Frog Lake. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Frog Lake, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Frog Lake). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Frog Lake or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Frog Lake) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Frog Lake. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Frog LakeOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Frog Lake. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.8333, Longitude: -110.4167 |
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|