Welcome to Elk Point ...
A typical abbreviation for Elk Point: Elk Pt.
From the 2006 Statistics Canada (StatCan) census, Elk Point had a population of 1,487 people.<1>
The town of Elk Point is 1,940 feet [591 m] above sea level.<2>.
Time Zone: Elk Point lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you travel east from Elk Point, you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
Area codes for Elk Point: (780) and (587)<3>
The Canadian Postal Code for Elk Point: T0A<4>
Population Details ...
At the time of the 2006 StatCan census, Elk Point had a population of 1,487 people.
The population of Elk Point represents 0.05% of the total population of Alberta (which had 3,290,350 people at that time), making it Alberta's 97th most populous community.
With a 2006 count of 1,487 people, the population of Elk Point increased 2.91% from the 2001 StatCan census (with a count of 1,445 people).
More information can be found on the Census Page for Elk Point.
Communities Also Named Elk Point ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 2 communities that are also named Elk Point - they are located in Nevada and South Dakota.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Elk Point.
Communities near Elk Point ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Elk Point.
- Saint Paul
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Derwent
- Derwent lies 17 miles [27.4 km] to the south of Elk Point
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Derwent
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lindbergh came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lindbergh
- Lindbergh lies 9 miles [14.5 km] to the east of Elk Point
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lindbergh
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lindbergh
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Riverview
- Riverview lies 10 miles [16.1 km] to the east of Elk Point
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Riverview
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Saint Edouard
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint Edouard came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Edouard
- Saint Edouard lies 11 miles [17.7 km] to the northwest of Elk Point
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Edouard
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gurneyville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gurneyville
- Gurneyville lies 17 miles [27.4 km] to the north of Elk Point
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gurneyville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Heinsburg
- Heinsburg lies 17 miles [27.4 km] to the southeast of Elk Point
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heinsburg
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hoselaw came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hoselaw
- Hoselaw lies 19 miles [30.6 km] to the north of Elk Point
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hoselaw
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rusylvia
- Rusylvia lies 19 miles [30.6 km] to the south of Elk Point
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rusylvia
- Frog Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Frog Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Frog Lake
- Frog Lake lies 20 miles [32.2 km] to the east of Elk Point
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Frog Lake
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Elk Point. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Elk Point.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Elk Point ...
Looking for more information about Elk Point? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Elk Point, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Elk Point.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Elk Point. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for Elk Point were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Elk Point - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<4>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Elk Point). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Elk Point or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Elk Point) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Elk Point. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Elk Point
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Elk Point. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.9002, Longitude: -110.9005
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|