Communities Also Named Minburn ...
We have found one communities that share the name Minburn.
Within Alberta, the name Minburn is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Minburn in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Dallas County
- This Minburn is located in Dallas County and lies 1,130 miles [1,818.6 km]<1> to the southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Minburn
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Dallas County community of Minburn.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Minburn ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Mannville (7 miles [11.3 km] to the east)
- Two Hills (31 miles [49.9 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Two Hills
- Two Hills lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<1> to the northwest of Minburn
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Two Hills
- Viking (23 miles [37 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Viking
- Viking lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the southwest of Minburn
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Viking came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Viking
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Viking<2>
How Far From Minburn to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Minburn to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Minburn and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 89 miles [143.2 km]<1> to the west northwest (WNW). If you could drive a straight line from Minburn to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 5 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of three days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,673 miles [2,692.4 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 66 days and walking would take 95 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,221 miles [10,011.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,988 miles [11,246.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,058 miles [8,140.1 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Notable Births & Deaths for Minburn
Mentions & References for Minburn
Find a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Minburn. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Minburn) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Minburn. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MinburnOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Minburn. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.3154, Longitude: -111.3658 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Minburn to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 332.099 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 332.786 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.78 degrees.|