Welcome to Irma ...
The village of Irma is 2,220 feet [677 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the elevation of Irma is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Irma lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you travel east from Irma (for example, toward Lone Rock (SK)), you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
Telephone area codes for Irma: (780) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Irma: T0B<3>
Communities Also Named Irma ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 9 communities that are also named Irma - they are located in Alabama, Arkansas, California, Florida, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Irma.
Communities near Irma ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Irma.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jarrow
- Jarrow lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the west of Irma
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jarrow
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kinsella
- Kinsella lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the north of Irma
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kinsella came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kinsella
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fabyan
- Fabyan lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the east of Irma
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fabyan
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greenshields
- Greenshields lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the southeast of Irma
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Greenshields came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenshields
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Amisk
- Amisk lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<4> to the south of Irma
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Amisk
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Viking
- Viking lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<4> to the northwest of Irma
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Viking came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Viking
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Viking<5>
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Irma ...
Looking for more information about Irma? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Irma, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Irma.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Irma. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Irma - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Irma). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Irma or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Irma) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Irma. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from IrmaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Irma. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.9137, Longitude: -111.2301 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|