Welcome to Killam ...
The town of Killam is 2,210 feet [674 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the elevation of Killam is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Killam lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Killam: (780) & (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Killam: T0B<3>
Websites for Killam ...
Official Website: www.town.killam.ab.ca/
Communities near Killam ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Killam.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Strome
- Strome lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the west of Killam
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Strome
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Heisler
- Heisler lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the southwest of Killam
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heisler
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Galahad
- Galahad lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the south of Killam
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Galahad
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ankerton
- Ankerton lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the west of Killam
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ankerton
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bellshill
- Bellshill lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the southeast of Killam
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bellshill
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Viking came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Viking
- Viking lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the north of Killam
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Viking
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Viking<5>
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Killam ...
Looking for more information about Killam? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Killam, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Killam.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Killam: www.town.killam.ab.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Killam - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Killam). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Killam or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Killam) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Killam. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Killam
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Killam. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.7910, Longitude: -111.8608
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|