A visit to the Lakeview Cemetery ...
Since our focus is on geography, we don't have burial or interment information. Nor do we have any contact information for the Lakeview Cemetery. For information of that nature, we suggest the Find-A-Grave<1> website: The Lakeview Cemetery (FAG ID #2493057)
We have organized the cemeteries in our Gazetteer based on a problem that we had while working on our own genealogy. Without specifying the cemeteries involved, we found an ancestor that we believed to have been buried in one cemetery was actually buried elsewhere.
We discovered that his burial had been refused at the last moment and the family had scrambled to make new arrangements. By looking at nearby cemeteries, the surrounding communities and in newspapers of the period, we were finally able to locate his burial site.
Should you find yourself in the same situation, we hope that our Gazetteer helps you discover your lost ancestor.
The Location of the Lakeview Cemetery ...
Jump to Google Maps centered on the Lakeview Cemetery
We are using the following GPS coordinates (latitude and longitude) for the Lakeview Cemetery
Lat: 52.5246° (52° 31' 28")
Lon: -110.9999° (-110° 59' 59")
Location using the Alberta Township System:
Or the Southeast Quarter of Section 18, Township 041, Range 07, West of the 4th Meridian
Name Variations for Lakeview Cemetery ...
When doing your research, keep in mind that names and their spelling can change over time. Various errors happen - anything from simple spelling to bad translations.
Lakeview Cemetery has also been known as:
- Lakeview Community Cemetery
If you have information about these names (such as the reason for the change, date of change, the origin of the name), please Contact Us.
Websites to help with your research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we begin with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their websites are open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that might help with the Lakeview Cemetery:
- Pages specific to Alberta:
- Cemetery Information and Directories:
- About the African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church ...
- Although we don't have a link to the Lakeview Cemetery
itself, you might be curious about the African Methodist Episcopal Church. See their website at:
- The African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- At this time (Dec 2022), GenDisasters website is currently offline due to a hacker attack. Hopefully they will be back soon.
- Disaster Stories from Alberta
List of neighboring communities ...
The following 18 communities are within 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> of the Lakeview Cemetery.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Amisk
- Amisk lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<2> to the northwest of Lakeview Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Amisk
- Battle Bend
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Battle Bend
- Battle Bend lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the west of Lakeview Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Battle Bend
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bellshill
- Bellshill lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the west of Lakeview Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bellshill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brownfield
- Brownfield lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the southwest of Lakeview Cemetery.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brownfield came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brownfield
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cadogan
- Cadogan lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the southeast of Lakeview Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cadogan
- Cairns ‑ Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cairns
- Cairns was located 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Lakeview Cemetery.
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Cairns. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Czar
- Czar lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the southeast of Lakeview Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Czar
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fabyan
- Fabyan lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the north of Lakeview Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fabyan
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greenshields
- Greenshields lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the northeast of Lakeview Cemetery.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Greenshields came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenshields
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Heath
- Heath lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the northeast of Lakeview Cemetery.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Heath came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heath
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hughenden
- Hughenden lies less than 2 miles<2> to the southeast of Lakeview Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hughenden
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Metiskow
- Metiskow lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Lakeview Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Metiskow
- Neutral Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Neutral Hills
- Neutral Hills lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the south of Lakeview Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Neutral Hills
For the full list of neighboring communities with details, please visit our extended List of Communities.
List of the closest cemeteries ...
We know of 5 cemeteries that are within 10 miles [16.1 km] of the Lakeview Cemetery. The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
- Amisk Park Luteran Cemetery
- Bethany Lutheran Cemetery
- Brown Family Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Brown Family Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Brown Family Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brown Family Cemetery
- Czar Lutheran Cemetery
- Sardis Lutheran Cemetery
For an expanded list with details, please visit our List of cemeteries.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions ...
Our approach is to add the name of a cemetery whenever we see it mentioned - usually from newspapers, old books and maps. Typically we have little information to start with, but we continue to add detail as we find it.
We've created the following list to keep track of the sources that we found useful for the Lakeview Cemetery:
- Referenced Find-A-Grave Entry: #2493057
- Referenced Books / Documents ...
- Alberta Sources - Cemeteries and other surname sources (Feb. 2007)
- Written by: Alberta Genealogical Society and other researchers, societies and groups
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- ) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point at the Lakeview Cemetery. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.5246, Longitude: -110.9999 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|