Curious and Interesting Names Near Cosine ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Cactus Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cactus Lake
- Cactus Lake lies 5 miles [8 km]<1> to the east of Cosine
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cactus Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Denzil
- Denzil lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the northeast of Cosine
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Denzil
- Hearts Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hearts Hill
- Hearts Hill lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the east of Cosine
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hearts Hill came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hearts Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Major
- Major lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the southeast of Cosine
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Major
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Monitor
- Monitor lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the west of Cosine
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Monitor
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Primate
- Primate lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the northeast of Cosine
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Primate
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Reward
- Reward lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the northeast of Cosine
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Reward came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Reward
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Superb
- Superb lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the south of Cosine
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Superb came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Superb
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Cosine. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- John McLiam (Actor)
- Actor. He was born in Hayter (Alberta) on Thursday January 24, 1918 and died in Los Angeles (California) on Saturday April 16, 1994 at the age of 76. He is buried at Santa Barbara Cemetery (Santa Barbara County, California).
- Hayter is located 17 miles [27.4 km] to the northwest of Cosine.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: John McLiam<3>
How Far From Cosine to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Cosine to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Cosine and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Regina, which is the Provincial Capital of Saskatchewan, lies 257 miles [413.6 km]<1> to the east southeast (ESE). If you could drive a straight line from Cosine to Regina, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take four to five hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 15 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 10 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,608 miles [2,587.8 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 63 days and walking would take 92 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,264 miles [10,080.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,032 miles [11,316.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,081 miles [8,177.1 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Cosine. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Cosine) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cosine. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.1333, Longitude: -109.9333 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Cosine to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 330.95 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 331.377 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.065 degrees.||