Welcome to Regina ...
When the people of Regina refer to themselves (known as a demonym), they frequently use Reginan<1>
The city of Regina is 1,870 feet [570 m] above sea level.<2>.
Time Zone: Regina lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Telephone area codes for Regina: (306) and (639)<3>
The Canadian Postal Code for Regina: S4P<4>
Websites for Regina ...
Official Website: www.city.regina.sk.ca/
Chamber of Commerce: www.reginachamber.com/
Adding Regina to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
That's the case with Regina: The earliest map where we found it was on a Shell Oil Road Map for Saskatchewan (1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Regina on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Regina ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 9 communities that are also named Regina - they are located in California, Idaho, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, Montana, New Mexico, Virginia and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Regina.
Communities near Regina ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Regina.
- White City
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for White City
- White City lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<5> to the east of Regina
- Jump to Google Maps centered on White City
- Pilot Butte
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Grand Coulee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grand Coulee
- Grand Coulee lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<5> to the west of Regina
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grand Coulee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pense
- Pense lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<5> to the west of Regina
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pense came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pense
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kronau
- Kronau lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<5> to the southeast of Regina
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kronau
- Saint Joseph's
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Joseph's
- Saint Joseph's lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<5> to the east of Regina
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint Joseph's came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Joseph's
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Armour
- Armour lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<5> to the north of Regina
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Armour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Richardson
- Richardson lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<5> to the southeast of Regina
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Richardson came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Richardson
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Regina ...
Looking for more information about Regina? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Regina, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Regina.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Regina: www.city.regina.sk.ca/
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||A demonym is the name for a resident of a community which is usually derived from (or is related to) the name of that community. In other words, it's how the residents of Regina refer to themselves. It's important to note that there aren't any rules for taking a city's name and turning it into a demonym. A demonym is informal and while the majority of Regina may use one name, keep in mind that others may use something different.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Regina - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<4>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Regina, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Regina). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Regina or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Regina) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Regina. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Regina
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Regina. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.4472, Longitude: -104.6182
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|