Welcome to Balgonie ...
Time Zone: Balgonie lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Area codes for Balgonie: (306) & (639)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Balgonie: S0G<2>
Adding Balgonie to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Balgonie was on a map titled Road Map for Manitoba and Saskatchewan (from Shell Oil, 1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Balgonie on our Genealogy Page.
Communities near Balgonie ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Balgonie.
- White City
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for White City
- White City lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Balgonie
- Jump to Google Maps centered on White City
- Pilot Butte
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Qu'Appelle
- Qu'Appelle lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the east of Balgonie
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Qu'Appelle came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Qu'Appelle
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Qu'Appelle<4>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vibank
- Vibank lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Balgonie
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vibank
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for McLean
- McLean lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the east of Balgonie
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for McLean came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McLean
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kronau
- Kronau lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the south of Balgonie
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kronau
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Edenwold
- Edenwold lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the north of Balgonie
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Edenwold
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Edgeley
- Edgeley lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the northeast of Balgonie
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Edgeley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Davin
- Davin lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the southeast of Balgonie
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Davin
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Balgonie ...
Looking for more information about Balgonie? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Balgonie, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Balgonie.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Balgonie. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Balgonie). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Balgonie or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Balgonie) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Balgonie. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BalgonieOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Balgonie. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.4900, Longitude: -104.2690 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|