Welcome to Lumsden ...
The town of Lumsden is 1,660 feet [506 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Lumsden lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Telephone area codes for Lumsden: (306) and (639)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Lumsden: S0G<3>
Adding Lumsden to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
That's the case with Lumsden: The earliest map where we found it was on a Shell Oil Road Map for Saskatchewan (1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Lumsden on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Lumsden ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Lumsden - it's located in Newfoundland and Labrador.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Lumsden.
Communities near Lumsden ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Lumsden.
- Regina Beach
- Grand Coulee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grand Coulee
- Grand Coulee lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the south of Lumsden
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grand Coulee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pense
- Pense lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the south of Lumsden
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pense came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pense
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bethune
- Bethune lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the west of Lumsden
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bethune came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bethune
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Craven
- Craven lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the northeast of Lumsden
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Craven came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Craven
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Craven<5>
- Saskatchewan Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saskatchewan Beach
- Saskatchewan Beach lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the north of Lumsden
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saskatchewan Beach came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saskatchewan Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Disley
- Disley lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the west of Lumsden
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Disley
- Kannata Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kannata Valley
- Kannata Valley lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the north of Lumsden
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kannata Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Silton
- Silton lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the north of Lumsden
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Silton came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Silton
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Lumsden ...
Looking for more information about Lumsden? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Lumsden, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Lumsden.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Lumsden. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Lumsden - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Lumsden). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Lumsden or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Lumsden) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lumsden. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Lumsden
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lumsden. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.6472, Longitude: -104.8667
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|