Census Data for Knik ...
As far as we can tell, Knik has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Knik, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Houston
- Houston lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the north of Knik
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 2,412 people. This represents a 26.15% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 1,912 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Houston
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Houston<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wasilla
- Wasilla lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the northeast of Knik
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 10,838 people. This represents a 38.4% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 7,831 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wasilla
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Wasilla<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Anchorage
- Anchorage lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the south of Knik
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 288,000 people. This represents a 1.31% decrease since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 291,826 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Anchorage
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Anchorage<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Palmer
- Palmer lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the northeast of Knik
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 7,456 people. This represents a 25.59% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 5,937 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Palmer
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Palmer<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Y
- Y lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<1> to the north of Knik
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Y came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Y
Miscellaneous Information for Knik ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either or the community of Knik:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Knik:
- GNIS ID for Knik: 1404853
- GNIS ID for State of Alaska: 1785533
- The FIPS Codes ...
- An earlier (and largely obsolete) identification method was called the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS):
- State Code: 02 (Alaska)
- Place Code: 40620 (Knik)
- State & Place Code: 02/40620 (Alaska / Knik)
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Knik is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #9 (the Pacific Division).
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Knik.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Knik: www.knik.org/
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Knik) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Knik. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Knik
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Knik. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 61.4578, Longitude: -149.7289 In this case, the coordinates for Knik have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|