Census Data for Afognak ...
So far, we have found very little information about Afognak. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Afognak to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Afognak, please Contact Us.
As far as we can tell, The community of Afognak has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this town.
While we don't have census information for Afognak, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ouzinkie
- Ouzinkie lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the southeast of Afognak
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 153 people. This represents a 4.97% decrease since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 161 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ouzinkie
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Ouzinkie<3>
- Port Lions
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Port Lions
- Port Lions lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the south of Afognak
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 184 people. This represents a 5.15% decrease since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 194 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Port Lions
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Port Lions<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kodiak
- Kodiak lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the southeast of Afognak
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 5,813 people. This represents a 5.17% decrease since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 6,130 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kodiak
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Kodiak<3>
Miscellaneous Information for Afognak ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either or the town of Afognak:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Afognak:
- GNIS ID for Afognak: 1397926
- GNIS ID for State of Alaska: 1785533
- The FIPS Codes ...
- An earlier (and largely obsolete) identification method was called the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS):
- State Code: 02 (Alaska)
- Place Code: 00425 (Afognak)
- State & Place Code: 02/00425 (Alaska / Afognak)
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Afognak would have been located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #9 (the Pacific Division).
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Afognak.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alaska Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Afognak, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Afognak) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Afognak. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Afognak
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Afognak. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 58.0221, Longitude: -152.7652 In this case, the coordinates for Afognak have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|