Welcome to Nemiskam ...
So far, we have found very little information about Nemiskam. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Nemiskam to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Nemiskam, please Contact Us.
We don't have a date for the establishment of Nemiskam.
Going back to its beginning, Nemiskam was originally named Bingham. For more information about the names of Nemiskam, see The Names of Nemiskam on our Genealogy Page.
Time Zone: The area where Nemiskam was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR).
If Nemiskam still existed, it would have been in the (403) and (587)<2> area codes.
Adding Nemiskam to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Nemiskam was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Nemiskam on our Genealogy Page.
Communities near Nemiskam ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Nemiskam.
- Altorado - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Altorado
- Altorado was located 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the west of Nemiskam
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Altorado. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Conquerville - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Conquerville
- Conquerville was located 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the north of Nemiskam
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Conquerville. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Conquerville has also been known as:
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Legend - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Legend
- Legend was located 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the west of Nemiskam
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Legend. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Pakowki - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pakowki
- Pakowki was located 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the east of Nemiskam
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Pakowki. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Orion
- Orion lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<3> to the east of Nemiskam
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Orion
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Skiff
- Skiff lies 23 miles [37 km]<3> to the west of Nemiskam
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Skiff
- Bow Island
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bow Island
- Bow Island lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<3> to the north of Nemiskam
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bow Island came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bow Island
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bow Island<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Manyberries
- Manyberries lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<3> to the east of Nemiskam
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Manyberries
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Nemiskam, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Nemiskam) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Nemiskam. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from NemiskamOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Nemiskam. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.4820, Longitude: -111.2775 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|