Welcome to Manyberries ...
Manyberries is 3,020 feet [920 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Manyberries is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Manyberries lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you travel east from Manyberries (for example, toward Consul (SK)), you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
Telephone area codes for Manyberries: (403) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Manyberries: T0K<3>
Communities near Manyberries ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Manyberries.
- Orion (6 miles [9.7 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Orion
- Orion lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the northwest of Manyberries
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Orion
- Pakowki (12 miles [19.3 km] to the west) - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pakowki
- Pakowki was located 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the west of Manyberries
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Pakowki. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Etzikom (19 miles [30.6 km] to the west)
- Elkwater (25 miles [40.2 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elkwater
- Elkwater lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<4> to the northeast of Manyberries
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Elkwater came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elkwater
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Elkwater<6>
- Onefour (25 miles [40.2 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Onefour
- Onefour lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<4> to the southeast of Manyberries
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Onefour came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Onefour
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Onefour<6>
- Nemiskam (26 miles [41.8 km] to the west) - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nemiskam
- Nemiskam was located 26 miles [41.8 km]<4> to the west of Manyberries
- Conquerville (30 miles [48.3 km] to the northwest) - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Conquerville
- Conquerville was located 30 miles [48.3 km]<4> to the northwest of Manyberries
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Conquerville. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Conquerville has also been known as:
- Foremost (33 miles [53.1 km] to the west)
- Seven Persons (34 miles [54.7 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Seven Persons
- Seven Persons lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<4> to the north of Manyberries
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Seven Persons came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Seven Persons
- Dunmore (39 miles [62.8 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dunmore
- Dunmore lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<4> to the north of Manyberries
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dunmore
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Manyberries ...
Looking for more information about Manyberries? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Manyberries, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Manyberries.
Adding Manyberries to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Manyberries was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Manyberries on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Manyberries
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Manyberries. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Manyberries - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Manyberries, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Manyberries). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Manyberries or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Manyberries) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Manyberries. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ManyberriesOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Manyberries. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.4005, Longitude: -110.6944 |
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|