Welcome to Pakowki ...
So far, we have found very little information about Pakowki. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Pakowki to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Pakowki, please Contact Us.
We aren't confident of the location of Pakowki, so consider the above location as an estimate.<2>
Time Zone: The area where Pakowki was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR).
Note: If you travel east from Pakowki, you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
If Pakowki still existed, it would have been in the (403) and (587)<3> area codes.
Communities near Pakowki ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Pakowki.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Orion
- Orion lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the east of Pakowki
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Orion
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Manyberries
- Manyberries lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the east of Pakowki
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Manyberries
- Nemiskam - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nemiskam
- Nemiskam was located 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the west of Pakowki
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Conquerville - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Conquerville
- Conquerville was located 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the northwest of Pakowki
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Conquerville. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Conquerville has also been known as:
- Altorado - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Altorado
- Altorado was located 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the west of Pakowki
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Altorado. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Seven Persons
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Seven Persons
- Seven Persons lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<4> to the north of Pakowki
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Seven Persons came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Seven Persons
- Legend - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Legend
- Legend was located 29 miles [46.7 km]<4> to the west of Pakowki
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Legend. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elkwater
- Elkwater lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<4> to the northeast of Pakowki
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Elkwater came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elkwater
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Elkwater<5>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Pakowki, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Pakowki) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Pakowki. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from PakowkiOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Pakowki. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.4656, Longitude: -110.9468 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|