Welcome to Skiff ...
Skiff is 2,970 feet [905 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the elevation of Skiff is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Skiff lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Skiff: (403) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Skiff: T0K<3>
Adding Skiff to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Skiff was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Skiff on our Genealogy Page.
Communities near Skiff ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Skiff.
- Legend - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Legend
- Legend was located 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the east of Skiff
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Legend. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Altorado - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Altorado
- Altorado was located 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the east of Skiff
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Altorado. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wrentham
- Wrentham lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the west of Skiff
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wrentham
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Grassy Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grassy Lake
- Grassy Lake lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the north of Skiff
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grassy Lake
- Purple Springs
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Purple Springs
- Purple Springs lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the north of Skiff
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Purple Springs
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Juno
- Juno lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the north of Skiff
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Juno
- Nemiskam - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nemiskam
- Nemiskam was located 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the east of Skiff
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Skiff ...
Looking for more information about Skiff? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Skiff, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Skiff.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Skiff. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Skiff - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Skiff, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Skiff). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Skiff or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Skiff) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Skiff. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from SkiffOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Skiff. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.5029, Longitude: -111.7921 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|