Welcome to Juno ...
Time Zone: Juno lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Juno: (403) and (587)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Juno: T0K<2>
Communities Also Named Juno ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 9 communities that are also named Juno - they are located in Georgia, Kentucky, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, Washington and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Juno.
Communities near Juno ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Juno.
- Bow Island (10 miles [16.1 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bow Island
- Bow Island lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the east of Juno
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bow Island came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bow Island
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bow Island<5>
- Grassy Lake (4 miles [6.4 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grassy Lake
- Grassy Lake lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of Juno
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grassy Lake
- Burdett (4 miles [6.4 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burdett
- Burdett lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northeast of Juno
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Burdett came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Burdett
- Purple Springs (13 miles [20.9 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Purple Springs
- Purple Springs lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the west of Juno
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Purple Springs
- Hays (16 miles [25.7 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hays
- Hays lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the northwest of Juno
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hays came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hays
- Conquerville (19 miles [30.6 km] to the southeast) - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Conquerville
- Conquerville was located 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the southeast of Juno
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Conquerville. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Conquerville has also been known as:
- Legend (22 miles [35.4 km] to the south) - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Legend
- Legend was located 22 miles [35.4 km]<3> to the south of Juno
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Legend. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Skiff (23 miles [37 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Skiff
- Skiff lies 23 miles [37 km]<3> to the south of Juno
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Skiff
- Altorado (24 miles [38.6 km] to the south) - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Altorado
- Altorado was located 24 miles [38.6 km]<3> to the south of Juno
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Altorado. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Foremost (24 miles [38.6 km] to the south)
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Juno ...
Looking for more information about Juno? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Juno, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Juno.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Juno. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Juno, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Juno). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Juno or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Juno) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Juno. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from JunoOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Juno. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.8149, Longitude: -111.5964 |
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|