Welcome to Hays ...
Time Zone: Hays lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Hays: (403) & (587)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Hays: T0K<2>
Communities Also Named Hays ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 15 communities that are also named Hays - they are located in Colorado, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Mississippi (3), Montana, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania (2), Tennessee, Texas and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Hays.
Communities near Hays ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Hays.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vauxhall
- Vauxhall lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the northwest of Hays
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Vauxhall came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vauxhall
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Vauxhall<4>
- Grassy Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grassy Lake
- Grassy Lake lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the southeast of Hays
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grassy Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burdett
- Burdett lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the southeast of Hays
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Burdett came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Burdett
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Rolling Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rolling Hills
- Rolling Hills lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the north of Hays
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rolling Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grantham
- Grantham lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the northwest of Hays
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grantham
- Purple Springs
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Purple Springs
- Purple Springs lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the south of Hays
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Purple Springs
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Juno
- Juno lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the southeast of Hays
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Juno
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Retlaw
- Retlaw lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the west of Hays
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Retlaw
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Barnwell
- Barnwell lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Hays
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Barnwell came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Barnwell
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Hays ...
Looking for more information about Hays? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Hays, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Hays.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Hays. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Hays, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Hays). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Hays or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Hays) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hays. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from HaysOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hays. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.9782, Longitude: -111.8812 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|