Welcome to Barnwell ...
Time Zone: Barnwell lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Barnwell: (403) & (587)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Barnwell: T0K<2>
Communities Also Named Barnwell ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 4 communities that are also named Barnwell - they are located in Alabama, California, Colorado and South Carolina.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Barnwell.
Communities near Barnwell ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Barnwell.
- Taber (5 miles [8 km] to the northeast)
- Coaldale (15 miles [24.1 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coaldale
- Coaldale lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the west of Barnwell
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Coaldale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coaldale
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Coaldale<4>
- Turin (18 miles [29 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Turin
- Turin lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the northwest of Barnwell
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Turin
- Chin (8 miles [12.9 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chin
- Chin lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the west of Barnwell
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chin came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chin
- Cranford (6 miles [9.7 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cranford
- Cranford lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southwest of Barnwell
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cranford came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cranford
- Purple Springs (16 miles [25.7 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Purple Springs
- Purple Springs lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the east of Barnwell
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Purple Springs
- Wrentham (17 miles [27.4 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wrentham
- Wrentham lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the south of Barnwell
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wrentham
- Broxburn (20 miles [32.2 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Broxburn
- Broxburn lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the west of Barnwell
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Broxburn
- Maybutt (20 miles [32.2 km] to the southwest) - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maybutt
- Maybutt was located 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the southwest of Barnwell
- Retlaw (21 miles [33.8 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Retlaw
- Retlaw lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<3> to the north of Barnwell
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Retlaw
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Barnwell ...
Looking for more information about Barnwell? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Barnwell, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Barnwell.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Search for a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Barnwell. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Barnwell). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Barnwell or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Barnwell) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Barnwell. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BarnwellOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Barnwell. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.7615, Longitude: -112.2618 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|