Welcome to Cranford ...
Although we found mention of Cranford during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Cranford was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Cranford to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Cranford, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Cranford might be (or was) located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
We believe that Cranford would be found within the (403) & (587)<2> area codes.
The Canadian Postal Code for Cranford: T0K<3>
Communities Also Named Cranford ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 4 communities that are also named Cranford - they are located in Georgia, New Jersey, New York and Ohio.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Cranford.
Communities near Cranford ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Cranford.
- Lethbridge (18 miles [29 km] to the west)
- Taber (12 miles [19.3 km] to the northeast)
- Coaldale (10 miles [16.1 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coaldale
- Coaldale lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the west of Cranford
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Coaldale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coaldale
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Coaldale<5>
- Stirling (15 miles [24.1 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stirling
- Stirling lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the south of Cranford
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stirling
- Barnwell (6 miles [9.7 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Barnwell
- Barnwell lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the northeast of Cranford
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Barnwell came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Barnwell
- Diamond City (19 miles [30.6 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Diamond City
- Diamond City lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the west of Cranford
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Diamond City came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Diamond City
- Turin (18 miles [29 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Turin
- Turin lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the north of Cranford
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Turin
- Chin (4 miles [6.4 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chin
- Chin lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the northwest of Cranford
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chin came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chin
- Broxburn (14 miles [22.5 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Broxburn
- Broxburn lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the west of Cranford
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Broxburn
- Maybutt (14 miles [22.5 km] to the southwest) - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maybutt
- Maybutt was located 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the southwest of Cranford
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Cranford ...
Looking for more information about Cranford? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Cranford, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Cranford.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Cranford
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Cranford and then turned east". While Cranford could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Cranford as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Cranford could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Cranford, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Cranford). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Cranford or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Cranford) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Cranford. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CranfordOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cranford. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.7074, Longitude: -112.3915 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|