Welcome to Stirling ...
The village of Stirling was established in 1899.
Stirling is 3,040 feet [927 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the elevation of Stirling is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Stirling lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Stirling: (403) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Stirling: T0K<3>
Communities Also Named Stirling ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 9 communities that are also named Stirling - they are located in Georgia, Michigan (2), Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Nova Scotia and Ontario (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Stirling.
Communities near Stirling ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Stirling.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Coaldale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coaldale
- Coaldale lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the north of Stirling
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coaldale
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Coaldale<5>
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Raymond came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Raymond
- Raymond lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the west of Stirling
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Raymond
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Raymond<5>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chin came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chin
- Chin lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the north of Stirling
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chin
- New Dayton
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for New Dayton
- New Dayton lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the southeast of Stirling
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Dayton
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Welling
- Welling lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the west of Stirling
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Welling
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cranford came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cranford
- Cranford lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the north of Stirling
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cranford
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wrentham
- Wrentham lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the east of Stirling
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wrentham
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Broxburn
- Broxburn lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the northwest of Stirling
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Broxburn
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Stirling ...
Looking for more information about Stirling? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Stirling, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Stirling.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Stirling. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Stirling - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Stirling). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Stirling or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Stirling) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Stirling. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Stirling
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Stirling. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.5044, Longitude: -112.5232
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|