Welcome to New Dayton ...
New Dayton is 3,220 feet [981 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of New Dayton is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: New Dayton lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for New Dayton: (403) & (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for New Dayton: T0K<3>
Communities Also Named New Dayton ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 2 communities that are also named New Dayton - they are located in Kansas and Louisiana.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for New Dayton.
Communities near New Dayton ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near New Dayton.
- Raymond (13 miles [20.9 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Raymond
- Raymond lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the west of New Dayton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Raymond came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Raymond
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Raymond<6>
- Stirling (8 miles [12.9 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stirling
- Stirling lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the northwest of New Dayton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stirling
- Warner (12 miles [19.3 km] to the southeast)
- Maybutt (9 miles [14.5 km] to the northwest) - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maybutt
- Maybutt was located 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the northwest of New Dayton
- Wrentham (11 miles [17.7 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wrentham
- Wrentham lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the northeast of New Dayton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wrentham
- Welling (18 miles [29 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Welling
- Welling lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the west of New Dayton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Welling
- Cranford (19 miles [30.6 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cranford
- Cranford lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the north of New Dayton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cranford came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cranford
- Magrath (21 miles [33.8 km] to the west)
- Barnwell (23 miles [37 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Barnwell
- Barnwell lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the north of New Dayton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Barnwell came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Barnwell
- Chin (23 miles [37 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chin
- Chin lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the north of New Dayton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chin came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chin
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for New Dayton ...
Looking for more information about New Dayton? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to New Dayton, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for New Dayton.
Adding New Dayton to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for New Dayton was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for New Dayton on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for New Dayton
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for New Dayton. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around New Dayton - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of New Dayton, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as New Dayton). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether New Dayton or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- New Dayton) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for New Dayton. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from New DaytonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in New Dayton. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.4235, Longitude: -112.3799 |
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|