Communities Also Named New Dayton ...
We have found two communities that share the name New Dayton.
Within Alberta, the name New Dayton is unique.
Beyond Alberta, we know of another two communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Marshall County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Kansas community of New Dayton [Marshall County].
- East Baton Rouge Parish
- This New Dayton is located in East Baton Rouge Parish and lies 1,712 miles [2,755.2 km]<2> to the southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Dayton
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the East Baton Rouge Parish community of New Dayton.
Curious and Interesting Names Near New Dayton ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chin
- Chin lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the north of New Dayton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chin came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chin
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coaldale
- Coaldale lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the northwest of New Dayton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Coaldale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coaldale
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Coaldale<4>
- Diamond City
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Diamond City
- Diamond City lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> to the northwest of New Dayton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Diamond City came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Diamond City
- Maybutt - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maybutt
- Maybutt was located 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the northwest of New Dayton
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Milk River
- Picture Butte
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Picture Butte
- Picture Butte lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> to the northwest of New Dayton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Picture Butte
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Raymond
- Raymond lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the west of New Dayton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Raymond came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Raymond
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Raymond<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Skiff
- Skiff lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the east of New Dayton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Skiff
How Far From New Dayton to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as New Dayton to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in New Dayton and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 288 miles [463.5 km]<2> to the north (N). If you could drive a straight line from New Dayton to Edmonton, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take four to five hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 17 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 12 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,718 miles [2,764.9 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 68 days and walking would take 98 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,479 miles [10,426.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,247 miles [11,662.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,293 miles [8,518.3 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for New Dayton. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Rock Creek to see Pete ... Rock Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that New Dayton could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- New Dayton) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for New Dayton. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from New DaytonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in New Dayton. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.4235, Longitude: -112.3799 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from New Dayton to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 332.849 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 333.30 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.107 degrees.||