Welcome to Magrath ...
The town of Magrath was established in 1899.
Magrath is 3,230 feet [985 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Magrath is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Magrath lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Magrath: (403) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Magrath: T0K<3>
Adding Magrath to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Magrath was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Magrath on our Genealogy Page.
Communities near Magrath ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Magrath.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Raymond
- Raymond lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the east of Magrath
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Raymond came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Raymond
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Raymond<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stirling
- Stirling lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the east of Magrath
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stirling
- Sunset Acres
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunset Acres
- Sunset Acres lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the north of Magrath
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunset Acres
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Welling
- Welling lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the northeast of Magrath
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Welling
- Spring Coulee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spring Coulee
- Spring Coulee lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the southwest of Magrath
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spring Coulee
- Maybutt - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maybutt
- Maybutt was located 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the northeast of Magrath
- Stand Off
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stand Off
- Stand Off lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the west of Magrath
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stand Off
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Woolford
- Woolford lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the southwest of Magrath
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Woolford came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Woolford
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Broxburn
- Broxburn lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the north of Magrath
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Broxburn
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Magrath ...
Looking for more information about Magrath? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Magrath, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Magrath.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Magrath. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Magrath - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Magrath). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Magrath or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Magrath) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Magrath. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MagrathOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Magrath. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.4174, Longitude: -112.8686 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|