Welcome to Stand Off ...
Time Zone: Stand Off lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Stand Off: (403) & (587)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Stand Off: T0L<2>
Adding Stand Off to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Stand Off was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Stand Off on our Genealogy Page.
Communities near Stand Off ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Stand Off.
- Fort MacLeod
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Glenwood
- Glenwood lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the southwest of Stand Off
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Glenwood came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glenwood
- Hill Spring
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hill Spring
- Hill Spring lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the southwest of Stand Off
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hill Spring came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hill Spring
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Spring Coulee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spring Coulee
- Spring Coulee lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the southeast of Stand Off
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spring Coulee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Springridge
- Springridge lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the west of Stand Off
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brocket
- Brocket lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the west of Stand Off
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brocket
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Leavitt
- Leavitt lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the south of Stand Off
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leavitt
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Woolford
- Woolford lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the southeast of Stand Off
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Woolford came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Woolford
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Stand Off ...
Looking for more information about Stand Off? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Stand Off, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Stand Off.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Stand Off. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Stand Off, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Stand Off). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Stand Off or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Stand Off) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Stand Off. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Stand OffOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Stand Off. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.4626, Longitude: -113.3103 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|