Welcome to Glenwood ...
The village of Glenwood is 3,590 feet [1,094 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Glenwood is about ¾ mile [or ~1 km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Glenwood lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Glenwood: (403) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Glenwood: T0K<3>
Communities Also Named Glenwood ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 89 communities that are also named Glenwood - they are located in Alabama (2), Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida (4), Georgia (4), Hawaii, Idaho (2), Illinois (2), Indiana, Iowa, Kansas (4), Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland (4), Massachusetts, Michigan (2), Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Brunswick, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York (3), Newfoundland and Labrador, North Carolina (6), Nova Scotia, Ohio (5), Oklahoma, Ontario (2), Oregon (3), Pennsylvania (5), Prince Edward Island, South Carolina (2), South Dakota, Tennessee (3), Texas (2), Utah, Virginia (5), Washington (3) and West Virginia (4).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Glenwood.
Communities near Glenwood ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Glenwood.
- Cardston (15 miles [24.1 km] to the southeast)
- Hill Spring (7 miles [11.3 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hill Spring
- Hill Spring lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the southwest of Glenwood
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hill Spring came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hill Spring
- Mountain View (16 miles [25.7 km] to the south)
- Twin Butte (16 miles [25.7 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Twin Butte
- Twin Butte lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the southwest of Glenwood
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Twin Butte came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Twin Butte
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Twin Butte<5>
- Springridge (8 miles [12.9 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Springridge
- Springridge lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the northwest of Glenwood
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springridge
- Stand Off (11 miles [17.7 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stand Off
- Stand Off lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the northeast of Glenwood
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stand Off
- Leavitt (13 miles [20.9 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Leavitt
- Leavitt lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the south of Glenwood
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leavitt
- Brocket (16 miles [25.7 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brocket
- Brocket lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the northwest of Glenwood
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brocket
- Beazer (17 miles [27.4 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beazer
- Beazer lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the south of Glenwood
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beazer came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beazer
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Beazer<5>
- Aetna (20 miles [32.2 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Aetna
- Aetna lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the southeast of Glenwood
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aetna
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Glenwood ...
Looking for more information about Glenwood? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Glenwood, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Glenwood.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Find a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Glenwood. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Glenwood - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Glenwood). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Glenwood or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Glenwood) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Glenwood. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from GlenwoodOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Glenwood. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.3667, Longitude: -113.5167 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|