Welcome to Aetna ...
Aetna is 800 feet [244 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Aetna lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Aetna: (403) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Aetna: T0K<3>
Adding Aetna to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Aetna was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Aetna on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Aetna ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 9 communities that are also named Aetna - they are located in Alabama, Arkansas (2), Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan and Tennessee (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Aetna.
Communities near Aetna ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Aetna.
- Mountain View
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Woolford
- Woolford lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the northeast of Aetna
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Woolford came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Woolford
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carway
- Carway lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the southwest of Aetna
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Carway came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carway
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Leavitt
- Leavitt lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the west of Aetna
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leavitt
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beazer
- Beazer lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the west of Aetna
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beazer came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beazer
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Beazer<5>
- Spring Coulee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spring Coulee
- Spring Coulee lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the northeast of Aetna
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spring Coulee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Glenwood
- Glenwood lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the northwest of Aetna
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Glenwood came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glenwood
- Hill Spring
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hill Spring
- Hill Spring lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the northwest of Aetna
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hill Spring came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hill Spring
- Del Bonita
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Aetna ...
Looking for more information about Aetna? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Aetna, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Aetna.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Aetna. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Aetna - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Aetna, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Aetna). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Aetna or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Aetna) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Aetna. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AetnaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Aetna. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.1322, Longitude: -113.2407 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|