Welcome to Woolford ...
Although we found mention of Woolford during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Woolford was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Woolford to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Woolford, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Woolford might be (or was) located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
We believe that Woolford would be found within the (403) & (587)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Woolford ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Woolford - it's located in Maryland.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Woolford.
Communities near Woolford ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Woolford.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Aetna
- Aetna lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Woolford.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aetna
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kimball
- Kimball lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the southwest of Woolford.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kimball came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kimball
- Spring Coulee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spring Coulee
- Spring Coulee lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the north of Woolford.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spring Coulee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Leavitt
- Leavitt lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the west of Woolford.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leavitt
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beazer
- Beazer lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the west of Woolford.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beazer came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beazer
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Beazer<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carway
- Carway lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the southwest of Woolford.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Carway came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carway
- Del Bonita
- Stand Off
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stand Off
- Stand Off lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the northwest of Woolford.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stand Off
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Woolford ...
Looking for more information about Woolford? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Woolford, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Woolford.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Woolford and then turned west". While Woolford could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Woolford as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Woolford could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Woolford) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Woolford. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from WoolfordOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Woolford. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.1833, Longitude: -113.1333 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|