Welcome to Kimball ...
Although we found mention of Kimball during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Kimball was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Kimball to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Kimball, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Kimball might be (or was) located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
We believe that Kimball would be found within the (403) and (587)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Kimball ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 23 communities that are also named Kimball - they are located in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Idaho, Kansas (2), Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Ohio, Oklahoma, Ontario, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas (2), Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Kimball.
Communities near Kimball ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Kimball.
- Mountain View
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Woolford
- Woolford lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the northeast of Kimball
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Woolford came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Woolford
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carway
- Carway lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the southwest of Kimball
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Carway came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carway
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beazer
- Beazer lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the west of Kimball
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beazer came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beazer
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Beazer<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Leavitt
- Leavitt lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the northwest of Kimball
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leavitt
- Spring Coulee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spring Coulee
- Spring Coulee lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the north of Kimball
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spring Coulee
- Del Bonita
- Hill Spring
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hill Spring
- Hill Spring lies 23 miles [37 km]<3> to the northwest of Kimball
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hill Spring came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hill Spring
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Glenwood
- Glenwood lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<3> to the northwest of Kimball
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Glenwood came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glenwood
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Kimball ...
Looking for more information about Kimball? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Kimball, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Kimball.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Kimball and then turned west". While Kimball could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Kimball as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Kimball could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Kimball) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Kimball. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from KimballOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Kimball. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.0833, Longitude: -113.2000 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|