Welcome to Hill Spring ...
A typical abbreviation for Hill Spring: Hill Spg. (or less commonly used: Hill Spng. or Hill Sprng.)
The village of Hill Spring was established in 1910.
Time Zone: Hill Spring lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Hill Spring: (403) and (587)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Hill Spring: T0K<2>
Communities Also Named Hill Spring ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 2 communities that are also named Hill Spring - they are located in Kansas and Kentucky.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Hill Spring.
Communities near Hill Spring ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Hill Spring.
- Cardston (16 miles [25.7 km] to the east)
- Glenwood (7 miles [11.3 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Glenwood
- Glenwood lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the northeast of Hill Spring
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Glenwood came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glenwood
- Mountain View (10 miles [16.1 km] to the south)
- Twin Butte (9 miles [14.5 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Twin Butte
- Twin Butte lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the west of Hill Spring
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Twin Butte came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Twin Butte
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Twin Butte<4>
- Leavitt (11 miles [17.7 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Leavitt
- Leavitt lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the southeast of Hill Spring
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leavitt
- Springridge (11 miles [17.7 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Springridge
- Springridge lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the north of Hill Spring
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springridge
- Beazer (13 miles [20.9 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beazer
- Beazer lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the southeast of Hill Spring
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beazer came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beazer
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Beazer<4>
- Brocket (19 miles [30.6 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brocket
- Brocket lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the north of Hill Spring
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brocket
- Chief Mountain (19 miles [30.6 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chief Mountain
- Chief Mountain lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the south of Hill Spring
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chief Mountain
- Stand Off (19 miles [30.6 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stand Off
- Stand Off lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the northeast of Hill Spring
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stand Off
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Hill Spring ...
Looking for more information about Hill Spring? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Hill Spring, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Hill Spring.
Adding Hill Spring to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Hill Spring was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Hill Spring on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Hill Spring
Find a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Hill Spring. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Hill Spring). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Hill Spring or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Hill Spring) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hill Spring. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Hill SpringOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hill Spring. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.2833, Longitude: -113.6333 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|