Communities Also Named Hill Spring ...
We have found two communities that share the name Hill Spring.
Within Alberta, the name Hill Spring is unique.
Beyond Alberta, we know of another two communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Morris County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Kansas community of Hill Spring [Morris County].
- Henry County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Kentucky community of Hill Spring [Henry County].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Hill Spring ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Beaver Mines
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaver Mines
- Beaver Mines lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the northwest of Hill Spring
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beaver Mines came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaver Mines
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Beaver Mines<4>
- Chief Mountain
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chief Mountain
- Chief Mountain lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the south of Hill Spring
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chief Mountain came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chief Mountain
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hillspring
- Hillspring lies 2 miles [3.2 km]<2> to the northeast of Hill Spring
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hillspring came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hillspring
- Mountain View
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Pincher Creek
- Pincher Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pincher Station
- Pincher Station lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the northwest of Hill Spring
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pincher Station
- Stand Off
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stand Off
- Stand Off lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the northeast of Hill Spring
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stand Off
- Twin Butte
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Twin Butte
- Twin Butte lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the west of Hill Spring
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Twin Butte came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Twin Butte
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Twin Butte<4>
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Hill Spring. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- Colin Archibald Low (Filmmaker, director, producer)
- Filmmaker, director, producer. He was born in Cardston (Alberta) on Saturday July 24, 1926 and died in Montreal (Quebec) on Wednesday February 24, 2016 at the age of 89. We don't have any burial details.
- Cardston is located 16 miles [25.7 km] to the east of Hill Spring.
- Fay Wray (Actress)
- Actress. She was born in Cardston (Alberta) on Sunday September 15, 1907 and died in New York (New York) on Sunday August 8, 2004 at the age of 96. She is buried at Hollywood Forever Cemetery (Los Angeles County, California).
- Cardston is located 16 miles [25.7 km] to the east of Hill Spring.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: Fay Wray<5>
How Far From Hill Spring to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Hill Spring to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Hill Spring and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 294 miles [473.1 km]<2> to the north (N). If you could drive a straight line from Hill Spring to Edmonton, with an average speed<6>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take four to five hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 17 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 12 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,775 miles [2,856.6 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 70 days and walking would take 101 days.
- The shortest distance<7> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,513 miles [10,481.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,281 miles [11,717.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<9>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,336 miles [8,587.5 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<10>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Hill Spring. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Hill Spring could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Hill Spring) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hill Spring. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Hill SpringOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hill Spring. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.2833, Longitude: -113.6333 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<6>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<7>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Hill Spring to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.848 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 334.434 degrees.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.931 degrees.||